Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Movies of Late...

I just wanted to tell you all of a few excellent movies I've seen of late. The first is a movie done by BBC and is based on a lesser known work of Charles Dickens called Martin Chuzzlewit. This was an EXCELLENT movie and I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a VERY good story set in Victorian England. It was a little difficult to get drawn in at first but I am so glad I stuck with it to the end. It told such a great story! The second is another BBC production and is from a novel by George Eliot called MIDDLEMARCH. This was also excellent, in my opinion. I love these types of shows!!! Anyhow, I must mention two more BBC productions based on novels by Elizabeth Gaskell; North and South (a wonderful show!) and Wives & Daughters (most excellent)! Now I should wish to read some of Gaskell's works. The stories remind me somewhat of those done by Jane Austen. Anyhow, another good show is one called The Buccaneers based on an Edith Wharton novel.

OK...enough of shows lest you think that is all I ever spend my time doing. You see, I must go now to change a poopy diaper...so my life DOES consist of much more than a few shows on occasion! To let you know I usually watch them while I'm feeding the baby or putting her to sleep at my computer so I see just parts of them at a time...kind of like reading and having to put down your good book and having to come back to it later when you have time to sit a while. It works out well for now and gives a nice diversion on some days when the children are otherwise occupied and I'm caring for baby. Now I feel justified.

And it's all about FEELINGS you know.

Ha ha. NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment