Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yeah...I'm aware!

Aware of the fact that I've been kind of slacking on the posting and pictures here. I know, since some of you have told me, that you check every day for new material and I am NOT supplying it. For that, I'm sorry. I will try to do better. I am grateful that you check and that you are interested in our little family and it's happenings!

Today I took the kids to the wading pool at Howard Amon park again. They sure do enjoy it there and it is so nice for me. I felt as if the walls were closing in on me...no I'm not going psycho or anything. Maybe it's hormonal. I just HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! Actually...I have to every day it seems. I just can NOT stay home all day long and feel OK about that. I mowed my back yard TWICE today. It had been 3 or 4 weeks since my last mowing back there and the grass had gotten very long and very lush. The bad part of that was that I went to pick up the doggy poo first and had a hard time finding it in the 6-8 inch tall grass so I missed some. Found it later...on my foot, of course. YUCK. Anyhow...I mowed this AM in one direction with the mower set at the highest possible level and then again while cooking dinner at the next level down in the opposite direction. Looks like a nice plaid design has now been cut in the lawn. Now I think I'll have to do this daily, lowering the wheels each day, until it looks normal again. It is lush though, I have to give it that! WHEW, anyhow, it's done.

I'm really looking forward to having a Koi pond at the new house. I've missed having a pond. It will be fun to figure out what sort of filtration I'm going to do for this one and fix the waterfall and all the other fun things that go along with running a pond/water garden. This one is big enough to have a nice sized water lily or two in it. That will be nice. I think I'll get a miniature variety and a medium sized one. Pink and Yellow I believe. One with mottled leaves. That will be pretty. I can't wait for next Spring already!!! We'll have to do the "Square Foot Gardening" out front. It's the only SUNNY location and I think the raised beds will look really nice out there. I'm excited about that as well. Lots of fun planning what to do in OUR OWN YARD! It's going to be so nice to OWN a home again. Renting has it's benefits but owning is so much better in my opinion. We still don't have a closing date but as far as we know all is going smoothly on the financing end of things. I think the guy is just a bit busy at the moment so we're on the list of "to do's" for him and we're just not right on top. Oh well. It's not like we're in a huge rush here! I'm afraid to start packing until I know FOR SURE and have a closing date on paper. We have started moving stuff around in the garage though and it's been fun discovering things that have been boxed up for some time. The children have been having a bit too much fun since there are SEVERAL boxes of toys that were purged at one time or another. I'm ending up with many of them back in the house. That's part of why I just had to get out today. There were toys everywhere and I just felt overwhelmed and buried by them that I couldn't even begin to pick them up or direct the children to do so. I just wanted to escape from them. OK...I realize I'm probably creating one of the longer run on paragraphs as yet in this blog. I'm just typing away at whatever comes to mind.

The children just went upstairs to bed. Mark is now doing the story hour before bed while I put the baby to sleep. I miss doing the reading but baby seems to want Momma in the evenings. After stories he goes up with them and they say prayers then he lays with them until they're asleep. Az is out within minutes...or seconds of lying down but Avi can be a bit of a troublmaker at bedtime. She can stay up for what seems like forever. I think it's worse when she is overtired. Anyhow, I had the baby in bed before 9PM. Maybe Mark and I will watch another episode of DS9 tonight. We're only a few shows away from the VERY LAST ONE of the entire series. It will be sad to be done with them. It's been such a nice thing to do together. I guess the timing is good though since we need to start packing and getting ready for the move. We'll have to do most of our work after the kids are in bed so the timing is definitely good or perhaps even providential!

Now I'm getting tired of typing. I have more to say surely but I think I'm done for now. I have other things I'd like to get to. I will TRY to have more to say tomorrow and I really, really, really, plan to put up some new pictures. I just need to download them and take a few more. OH...I'll leave you with some other pics of the house. That will be good. Have a lovely night/day or whatever.
Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Add me to the group that checks the blog daily and rejoices when there is news!! I appreciate your efforts to share your lovely family with us. love, Gramma E

    ReplyDelete