Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hot Days, Cool Nights...Desert Life and stuff!

Well, it's supposed to be near 100 degrees tomorrow. I think this may be the last really HOT day of the summer. Now, I could be wrong...but there does seem to be a trend toward cooler weather. It's definitely getting cooler at night. Right now at 10:20 PM it's 76 degrees (F). It's been getting into the 50's some nights so I KNOW it's getting cooler in general. However, I find the change to be most pleasant. I am looking forward to the changing of the seasons...the ushering in of some rusty colored leaves! Can't wait.

Anyhow, the park was lovely today. We were there yesterday as well. The kids have really enjoyed the wading pool. It's a nice change from the spray parks. We didn't even need a pool for the backyard this year. We've managed to get to the parks several times a week and here in this hot desert they have lots of water at the parks for big time SPLASHY fun! Now, we did HAVE a blow up pool from Costco, however, Condi (the dork dog) put more holes in it than I could keep up with patching AND it was poorly made anyhow and would have not lasted even IF Condi hadn't thought it was her own personal plaything! CHEAPO. The one they carried for the last couple of years was GREAT...this one...not so great. It ended up in the garbage after less than 20 uses. How sad.

Right now Mark is reading "RED MUTINY" (whatever that is) at the dining table and I am here, obviously, typing away at the computer. Condi is laying, sprawled out between us and the kids are all passed out upstairs. The baby was so tired tonight she was trying to fall asleep while I was bathing her. That was rather sad. She didn't really get a good nap in today so she was asleep by 8PM. It seems to be getting earlier and earlier to bed for her and less daytime napping. As long as we're out running around that works out well. Once we start staying in more a long day time nap will be nice so I hope she'll go back to that routine.

Mark's Mom (HI ELIZABETH!) will be here this weekend for a couple nights. That means big fun for the kids. They'll get to swim in the hotel pool and get lots of new books read to them and perhaps some sort of crafty project. Grandma "E" always brings lots of fun for the little ones and they really look forward to her visits.

Well, I'm heading to bed now. I am beyond tired and we had no DS9 to watch tonight. We have only TWO EPISODES LEFT. I am so saddened by that. Our last disk should arrive in tomorrow's mail from Netflix.

Oh...if you really want something to get bitter about read this book: BORN IN THE USA by Marsden Wagner, M.D., M.S. My midwife/ND, Dr. Frazer, aka: Ginger, brought this by our house the other day for us to read. I had expressed an interest in it when we were talking one time and she had just ordered it. I haven't read it all yet but plan to get through it soon. Mark has also read some of it. WOW. It's a good read and an eye opener. Glad I already had my eyes opened before I had my babies!

LOVE TO YOU ALL! Nighty Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment