Sunday, August 19, 2007

French Toast and Waffles....er...Waffling!

We had a delicious Sunday breakfast of FRENCH Toast and some bacon. MMMMMM.

Waffling refers to that cute little house. We keep going back and forth in our considerations of the possible purchase of it! The more we drive around and look on the internet to see what's available in our price range, the more we like the little old house we first looked at! We could go higher in price range but we want to keep paying the amount we've BEEN paying in rent for our mortgage. Since we're working on Dave Ramsey's financial freedom plan it just makes sense to stay with what we've already been budgeting for. That way when Mark DOES get his big raise...or even a littler one than he's requesting, we can just put all that towards our debt and our savings...and some upgrades on the house over time. Then eventually when we have things well in hand we can sell and move up to a bigger, better home. It's the American way after all...isn't it??? Oh wait...the American way is to buy MORE than we can afford, go deeper into debt, have the house forclosed on, and file bankruptcy...right? Hmmmm...guess it depends on the kind of American you are! We'd prefer to be the FIRST kind.

Today is Sunday and we decided to "sleep in" until 7AM and just take it easy today after our LOOOOONG week. Last night was the first time Mark and I were able to hang out and watch a couple episodes of Deep Space 9. We are on the last season. Mark got lots of OT last week, and while that's ALWAYS welcome and nice, it sure makes for long days for us all. Then, because he's on call he had to unexpectedly go to work on Saturday AM as well (for the forest service in Pendleton, OR)...he was to leave at 5 but didn't awake until 6AM (oops, forgot to set the alarm!) so ended up going a little later to Pendleton than he'd planned. He still made it for the last half hour of the soccer game. I had to get two kids, myself, and the baby ready and out the door to be at the soccer field at 8:20AM. Guess what? I made it and even was able to get my Starbucks coffee on the way! Yee Haw! Yep, that's me, hollerin' like a cowgirl over here in the desert. I was pretty proud of myself! Actually I was amazed!

I'll post some pics of the soccer team after I post this. Right now the baby is soundly sleeping in her rocker...Az and Avi are getting a "talking to" about paying attention, listening, and obeying. What's that? What did you say? I didn't hear anything! Oh well...

I think we're going to go on another drive to look at homes in Richland. We have an appointment to look at homes on Monday, including "our" little old house again. Oh, speaking of that, we went by it again yesterday and there was a cute little family looking at it. I felt possessive of the home, as if it were MINE. It really irritated me to see someone else looking at it! Kinda funny how that works. Mark felt it too. I guess when you have already imagined yourself living in a home and seeing in your mind how that would look it does seem a little like it's "yours", thus the feelings!

Now there is playing going on in the other room. Mark loves to wrestle with the kids. Oh, this morning the children came in and we were all cuddled up in our bed together, baby and all! I started the story game where I started with an open ended sentence and then it went around the bed from person to person. When it got to Az the army always came in and boomed things up...Avi always had some animal dilemma...and I, being after Az, always had to make Avi's dead animals alive again...as if the Army didn't really kill them, they just THOUGHT they did. It was pretty funny. Mark even added in a few lines here and there when he wasn't TRYING to go back to sleep with all the racket. All in all it was a pretty funny and fun morning.

I have SOOOO Much I could write about. If I had the time I'd write the funny things the kids say all throughout the day. Somehow I usually forget those things by the time I do have time to sit and update you all.

We're having a RARE wet day here in the desert. It's only 59 degrees out as I speak. The night temps haven't even been that low all summer long. I guess Summer is finally starting to wind down. Can't say I'm too sad, but I will miss being able to run to the water parks with the kids and the wading pools! We'll have to have NEW things to do this fall and winter. Maybe long walks in the leaves in the park. We did that some last year but the kids don't like the LONG walks...just meanderings and playing on the equipment. Fortunately with our lack of rain here it's usually ok to play at the parks in any temp. as long as you are dressed appropriately.

Condi is laying at my feet snoring. I need to go up and shower as I've been here FAR too long. I'll post the soccer pics before I shower so you have something to look at. Have a LOVELY SUNDAY afternoon/evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment