Friday, August 24, 2007

Moving along...OT...oh, & Mark got a raise!!!

Things with the house are moving along just fine. We aren't at a place yet where we have a closing date...but that's just around the corner. The inspection went well, although Mark and the inspector found a heroin needle and spoon in one of the kitchen cupboards. NICE! I have to say that I find that a little on the creepy side, however, it's not the type of home a druggy would have probably been living in unless, perhaps, he/she was the son/daughter of the previous homeowner. The reason I say this is because the home was kept up so well and so was the yard. Mark thinks that perhaps someone who was working in the home (construction/roofing/etc.) may be the culprit. Either way, I'll be extra diligent to get things super clean and I'll be searching EVERY nook and cranny for other paraphenelia. OK...so now you know the only YUCK thing that was found during the inspection. All else was OK and sound! No problems.

Let's see, what else do I have to relate? Oh, yeah! Now that we are definitely going to be staying here I've decided to get out there and meet some other homeschoolers in the area. Some of the ladies and their kiddos were planning to be at a park today and I decided to go on down and meet them. We spent 4 hours there and the kids had fun playing with the other children while I enjoyed conversing with a couple of the gals. I had a very enjoyable time...got some encouragement and some new ideas too! All in all a winning situation and I think I met someone that I would be delighted to know better as it seems we have much in common! Anyhow, that was VERY nice and I'm glad I went. I'll have to do that more often!!!

I have no pics to post at present. Baby is beginning to cry. Mark got home at 5 and got called out again on an emergency right after he arrived. He won't be home until at LEAST 8pm. LOOOOONG days for the both of us. The OT is always nice though. Gotta feed little Liberty. MORE later!

No comments:

Post a Comment