Friday, December 14, 2007

Sugar...da da da da da da

aha Honey Honey..da da da da da da
You were my CANDY GIRL...
 

 

 

YES, we made MORE because the first batch got mostly eaten before I had a chance to make up gift platters of goodies for friends and neighbors! This time it was a MOM project and I glazed some of them (yellow glaze for the stars, green for the trees, brown for the reindeer) and THEN frosted with icing on top of that. It worked out wonderfully and I think the results were good. Altogether I made Peanut Butter & Chocolate bars, two kinds of Fudge (with and without walnuts), Maple walnut fudge, the sugar cookies, Big THUMBPRINT COOKIES with kisses in the top (my fave), and...I think that's all. I am SO done with baking and done with sugar! I am on a no sugar and no bad fats diet again. I'm going to eat super healthy again for a while (hopefully forever, but I'm being realistic...there will be occasions!). I'm already feeling healthier. Anyhow, we made up lovely platters for both of our elderly neighbors on either side of us, one for Mark's workmate, Pete, one for my friend Michelle's family, our friends Nancy and Tommy, and I have a few more to deliver (granner, aunt adele). Mark and the kids delivered to the neighbors and I guess they were delighted. But then again, who wouldn't be delighted with such cute kids coming to their door??? Enough foody talk...on to more posts.

by the way...
a GREAT BIG HELLO to those who I KNOW are reading this:
My Grandma Maxine, Elizabeth (Mark's Mom), Grandpa Dave (Mark's Dad in the Czech Rep.), My Mommy (she loves it when I call her that!), and Everyone else who happens to be reading...THANKS for stopping in!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment