Sunday, October 7, 2007

A bit chaotic at present BUT...

Here I am! We are IN the new house and trying to get it all in order but it's taking a while. Mom and Dad came Friday night and are staying at the old house until Monday and have been working on paiting and some cleaning there. What a blessing! What would I do without the help of friends and family? Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all who have helped us in our move. I know it is a big deal to leave your own life for a time to help out and we are SOOOO appreciative, beyond words.

The kids are sick. Mark took Az to the ER Friday, early AM. He was having such a time trying to breath while sleeping. I get worried about the children contracting things like RSV or Whooping cough and a host of other things out there. We have chosen not to vaccinate (or at least to DELAY vaxing) our children but there are lots of illegal immigrants where we live (and everywhere in the US...please PROTECT OUR BORDERS, Mr. President!) and who knows WHAT they have brought with them as far as diseases and whatnot. Anyhow, this time it was just a plain old upper respiratory infection with not idea whether it is viral or bacterial...so, of course, being the regular medical community they gave us antibiotics and a wonderful cough syrup which has been VERY helpful for nighttime breathing and sleeping. We try to see our Naturopathic Doc, Ginger, for most things but sometimes it is just more convenient to run to a walk in clinic or whatever. I find I will do this for the children because I just want to get them well as quickly as possible and, YES, sometimes I want them on antibiotics. Ginger will prescribe them if I want them and without judgement...but I guess I feel guilty for asking her for them. A bit of honesty here that I'm sharing with you, the reader! For myself, I try to go the homeopathic route more often than not before the medical route. I am still in a learning process of utilizing and trusting natural medicine and the body's ability to heal without modern medical interventions. Anyhow...Avigail got it too and we've had a couple rough nights with her. I've been giving her Az's cough syrup and just trying to keep the HIGH fever down. She's gotten to 104 a couple times and her's is staying above 100 even with Motrin and Tylenol. Az is back to below 100 and is definitely on the healing side of this. The really BAD news is that the baby is beginning to come down with it. She had the same hacking, dry cough a bit in the night. Please pray that she doesn't get this in it's full form. It's always so much worse when a baby is sick!!!

OK...enough sickness!

I would post pics of our home side by side with some of the pics of the house empty and then full. That would be cool. However, I can't find my camera, among other things! It will turn up soon and then I will get some pics up here for you all to see.

Condi, our dork dog, LOVES her doggy door. This house came with one and I thought it would be too little for her but she fits perfectly. It's so nice to not have to worry about making sure she gets out to relieve herself. She loves to be outside here...I think it's because she is choosing to go out and not being PUT out by us. She knows she can come back in as she pleases and she really likes that. What a shock it will be to here one day when we put on the inner door lock so she can't come back in. Wow...that sounds so cruel. Surely, though, there will be a time or two (like when people are visiting) that we'll want her to stay out back for a while. Poor dear!

Well, I need to go. Everyone but myself and Avi is sleeping. Avi is watching a Mr. Rogers show (Day at the Circus) out in the living room. I rented it from the library. We love Mr. Rogers here. Such wholesome goodness! Anyhow, our love to all the friends and family who may be happening to read this! More later and I will post pictures as SOON as I am able!

~Kimmy~

No comments:

Post a Comment