Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I am SUCH a slacker. Man Cold & Blister in the SUN

Ok, I'll admit to the fact that I have avoided posting here for a while. I wasn't intentionally avoiding it...more of a subconscious thing. I didn't really have time for a proper post so I didn't post anything at all. I am sorry to those of you who actually check this thing daily for news. I will TRY to be better!

Well, we are DONE with the house at 1117 S. Young. I can't tell you the total RELIEF Mark and I felt when we were there for the LAST time. What an absolute CHORE it has been to get that house and yard into the kind of condition I wanted it to be in to hand back to my cousin. Of course it NEVER would have been nearly so nice without the awesome help of my parents. It was a tremendous blessing to be able to rent such a nice house for the *almost* two years we were there for the GREAT deal my cousing gave us. It is much more of a blessing, though, to OWN a house again. Our own home. Wonderful!!! This is the first house Mark and I have purchased as a couple. The house out in Gold Bar I had owned for nearly 6 yrs before meeting and marrying Mark.

On to this new chapter in our lives together. HURRAY!!!

The kids have all had colds and it has literally been 3 weeks+ that there has been one or another of us ill with a cold. Mark had a very short MAN COLD but handled it extremely well. OK...since I mentioned the MAN COLD you HAVE to check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE (you'll have to cut and paste) It's SOOOO funny. Mom sent it to me. Just so you know, Mark got quite a kick out of it too. You know, us women...we're just hard chargers when it comes to sickness. Ha ha ha. Enjoy the laughs!

Apparently we are DONE for the moment with colds. Hopefully it will last a LONG LONG while. I will not hold my breath though.

Mark is working late tonight. He won't be home until after 9pm so it's just me and the weeuns at home and I do need to go now. It's coming upon bathy bathy time.

But WAIT! I have a silly blast from the past to share. Yesterday a song was just STUCK in my head. I have no idea how it got there but it was Violent Femmes song, Blister in the Sun. I know. It sounds just crazy. So I did a little You Tube search and played it and the kids loved the catchy little tune so we all danced around to it a few times. Then it got me thinking about the Ramones. I have NO idea why...but then who knows why our thoughts wander from thing to thing?! So I played "Rock and Roll High School" for us and we danced around to that. SOOOO FUNNY. I couldn't help myself. I DON'T miss the 80's at ALL...however, I do miss the music on occasion. Call me a weirdo if you will but I just can't help but like it.

On that note,
Farewell

FOR NOW.

1 comment:

  1. Kim -

    Being one who checks the blog daily, I say THANK YOU. You have all had your hands full.
    Bless you for finding time to share your life with us.
    Love, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete