Sunday, September 16, 2007

Today was Avi's 4th Birthday

Well, for a month we have two 4 year olds in the house. Avi is now FOUR years old!!! Az is still four until Oct. 17th so there you have it! It was a fun and busy day. We did her birthday presents in the fashion of Christmas where they were all laid out the night before and she opened them bright and early while still dressed in her brother's Batman Jammies! She LOVED all her presents, especially the Dorothy doll from the Wizard of Oz. I don't know how long she'll last before Condi eats her. We shall all meet some sort of end someday and the toys in our house usually end with Condi. It's the kids' responsibility to keep them put away or at least off the floor otherwise I can't guarantee their safety. Anyhow, after presents we rushed to get dressed and out of the house before 9AM to pick up my Great Aunt Adele and head to the Hampton Inn in Richland to meet with Polly and Mary Jane who had spent the night. The kids and Mark got to go swimming for about an hour in the pool there while Liberty and I visited with Polly, Mary Jane and Adele in the hotel suite. Speaking of the merry party, they were all over for dinner on Sat. night. I made some marinated steak, baked potatoes, corn, and a nummy salad. It was good food and GREAT company. I was so delighted to have Polly and Mary Jane come to visit from the Seattle area. Polly is a woman who is kind of like another Grandmother to me and she's known my mother since before I was born. A LOVELY woman! Mary Jane is her neice and she is delightful and always FUN to have around. The kids just LOVE her!!! Anyhow, it was a fun time and I'm glad they came to visit us here in the tri-cities.

Back to today...after the hotel visit we said our farewells and they went on their way and we went on ours. Ours was to run by our new house and take a look. The guy replaced the bedroom window that needed to be replaced and it's all ready for us to take possession when it closes in a couple weeks (actually LESS than two weeks). We are all pretty excited. After we did that we came home to lunch and then Avi and I went out for some "girl" time and to get her a cake. I didn't make one this year but she had fun picking one out from the bakery, which ended up being delicious! After we returned home we ALL went to the library for our weekly supply of books and other media then went to the park there. We gazed at the fish in their pond for a while then the boys went to the play equipment while the girls and I went to the demonstration gardens before joining them at the playground. All in all a fun time. After we got home we skipped the whole dinner option and just went for the birthday cake and ice cream. Good choice!

Well, I'm posting lots of pics of our day. I am SO SADDENED though by the fact that I didn't get ANY PICTURES of Polly and Mary Jane with the kids or of Polly and Adele together. It's really quite ridiculous because I HAD my camera with me!!! I just totally forgot and was sidetracked with baby care...but still!!! Anyhow, enjoy all the photos. Our love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment