Saturday, September 15, 2007

I feel really badly...

That I haven't updated you all lately! So...Our trip to the OTHER Washington was short and sweet. The children were magnificent on the way over. We only stopped ONCE in the 4 hour drive. Actually, we made the trip in 3.5 hours, which is REALLY good time! Baby Liberty didn't speak a WORD the whole way. I suppose that would be difficult on any account though, being as she doesn't speak yet. What I meant to say was that she was totally silent the whole trip. She slept a lot and when she was awake Az said she was just looking around. Mark took out the headrest on the baby's seat so Az can see her and update me as to her condition. Getting the play by play from him can be rather entertaining. So, we spent Monday afternoon/evening just hanging out at my Mom's house. Az played the whole day with the boy across the street, Leon. He had a blast! Avi hung out in the house playing with all the toy horses upstairs (her favorite things!). When Grandpa Ron got home it was GAME time as far as Az was concerned. He loves to get Grandpa to play some computer games with him and Grandpa always obliges him! I went out to dinner with my longtime friend, Jennifer. I took Liberty with me and she was PERFECT! I just can't get over this baby! I had a really nice time visiting with Jen. It's been so long since I've spent time with any of my friends so it was especially nice. We had dinner at a Greek restaurant and we were even adventurous enough to try out a Greek beer, which was very light and tasty. Tuesday I spent the day with my sister-in-law (I hate typing that out, it seems so silly to say IN-LAW). The children had FUN FUN FUN playing with their cousins and Nani made an awesome grilled salmon dinner (Thanks Nani!!!). I even got to see my brother Shane. I had a really nice day visiting and the kids did too. We went home Wednesday morning. I had an odd bleeding incident Wed. AM that I hope not to repeat. It followed my taking too many aspirins in one day and anyhow...you really don't want to hear the whole story so we'll leave it at that! The drive home was not as pleasant or perfect as the drive over. It's never as much fun to come home as it is to head out on an adventure! Oh..on the way over the children and I talked about all sorts of things and they said some of the cutest things. If only I had a recorder!!! I know this is a huge run on paragraph but I'm on a roll here and can't seem to break it up in a proper way.

Here we go. We'll start a new one!

Today Polly, a wonderful woman who's known me since before I was born and is kind of like another grandmother to me, came over to visit us here in the tri-cities. Her lovely and cheerful niece, MaryJane brought her and we had a very nice dinner at my house and visited all evening. I picked up my great Aunt Adele, who is a longtime friend of Polly's, to join us for the evening. The kids had fun and so did we all. I wish, though, that I was able to talk and visit more but when you're hosting the dinner it seems to be more working than talking involved! Fortunately for me Mark and MaryJane did the dishes. With the dishwasher broken that was sure a blessing to me. I'm getting so tired of doing dishes by hand!

Oh...and this morning, of course, Az had another soccer game. There are only three games left of his season. It's been fun and he's learned a lot and had a good time. I didn't get to stay and enjoy the game today. The girls and I went to the store and did our grocery shopping for the dinner during that time. I missed watching the game but the shopping had to get done, sooner rather than later. When we got home the boys went out and spent some father/son time together. That was good for them. It seems that when there's a new baby in the house that life seems to revolve around the baby quite a bit and Mark was feeling a need to spend some special time with the big boy. Tomorrow I'm going to spend some "girl" time with Avi. Speaking of tomorrow, we're going to the hotel where Polly and Mary Jane are staying to let the kids have a swim. They will LOVE that and it will be nice to spend some more time visiting with Polly and MJ. We'll pick up Adele on the way over so she can go and visit as well. OH...in case you didn't know (and you probably DO) tomorrow is Avi's birthday. She'll be the big FOUR!!! She's pretty excited. I have all her presents out on the table and have it looking all nice so it will be special when she wakes up in the morning. Thanks so much to all of you who sent cards and presents to our little sweetie pie! She is SOOOOO excited for her birthday this year and YOU helped to make it special. We got her the DOROTHY doll from the Wizard of OZ, her favorite movie! She's been wanting that doll for a LONG time. She'll be so excited. It's such a pretty doll and it even includes TOTO in the basket!

So much detail tonight! I'm exhausted! Love, Blessings, and GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment