Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September Updates

Avi is now OFFICIALLY 5 years old (as of Sept. 16th). She and Az will both be 5 until he turns 6 on October 17th. I love that for one month a year they are the same age. My little Irish twins! Now that they're getting older I do get asked more often if, indeed, they are twins. I imagine the older they get the more it will appear so!

On Avi's 5th birthday she lost her first tooth. She lost her second one the next day. So, she's now missing her two front teeth. She won't have to wish for them for Christmas though because the new ones are already there. They are responsible for evicting her cute baby teeth. I loved her baby teeth. They were so pretty and straight and looked so cute in her mouth. These new teeth are big and crooked. I'm thinking they'll straighten out once there's more room in there. Hopefully.

This week I'll be 17 weeks pregnant. That means in 3 weeks I'll reach the halfway mark!!! We have an ultrasound scheduled for the 15th of this October. We will be finding out what the baby is but Mark really would like it to be a surprise. At this point in my life I don't really want a surprise. I think it was GREAT the first time around. Now, I prefer to be prepared for the new arrival. If baby is a boy I can give away all of Liberty's clothes to my friend who just had a girl, and I'll save all of Azriel's clothes for when he grows up! If baby is a girl, I'll keep Libby's clothes and give Az's away! Simple as that. I'll have a reason to declutter more. Otherwise I have to save everything and wait until AFTER I've had the baby to organize and declutter. Thankfully Mark agrees that it is smarter to find out now even though it really IS more fun to have a surprise baby!!!

I can't believe that tomorrow it will be OCTOBER already! I LOVE the start of Fall. We're still having some warm days here so it doesn't feel like Fall yet. I think it's supposed to be in the 80s this week. I'm really ready for the cooler weather. We're at the awkward time of year where it's really cold in the mornings and then warm in the afternoons. It makes getting the kids dressed appropriately much more difficult. I put out a pumpkin and some Fall colored flowers to help us get into the Fall spirit!

My parents visited last weekend and it was so much fun! Dad helped Mark rebuild the wall in the dining room. They got the drywall up and now repainting is not far off! They also got the snowroof put on the addition (the dining room). It has one of those rather flattish roofs and needs a new coat of snowroof every few years to protect it. My parents got to see Azriel play soccer for the first time. That was a lot of fun. Mom went with us to practice and then they both attended the game the next morning. We were all sad to see them go. It was a nice and unexpected visit! THANKS MOM AND DAD!!!

Since October is here we are looking forward to our annual trip to the COUNTRY MERCANTILE. You can be expecting pictures from that outing towards the end of the month. Avi looks forward to riding a pony there all year. That's the hilight for her. There's a corn maze, pumpkin patch, petting zoo, straw pyramid and straw maze, and so much more! It's a lot of fun. This year Liberty will be old enough to enjoy it too! Last year we went with our friends, the Butchers, who have since moved away. We miss them. My sister and her family were here too and also went with us. We had a LOT of fun.

Kitty Jack is attacking me and I need to go wake Mark up to get ready for work. I was an early riser this morning. :-)

More another day...

2 comments:

  1. So are you going to share the ultrasound news? Or are you saving the surprise for the rest of us. I completely agree it us much easier to plan and have everything ready before the baby arrives. Are you going to post pictures? Ultrasound and remodel pictures too. Sounds like you are all having a lovely fall. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete