Saturday, January 2, 2010

Present to My Mother

I've very recently begun needle felting sweet little animals from wool roving. For Christmas I made my Mom this lamb (she collects sheep/lamb figures). He was actually only my 4th 3D project in needle felting. I think he turned out really well. I felted him over a wire armature so he's mildly poseable.
Above he's in her kitchen window with a little chalkware angel I made on the left.

His face is a little crooked but I think it gives him character! I promised to make my Mom many more sheep as my experience in felting grows. I'm really excited about having a craft I can do with 4 young children in the home. It's easy to pick up and put down as needed with no large messes to tend to. Just some needles, wool, and a foam pad work surface. Good Stuff!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment