Tuesday, February 19, 2008

TOOFLESS

Yes, our young man finally lost those top two teeth that have been hanging very loosly for some time now. On Sunday we were having dinner and it began to bleed and a quick, painless little tug by the Momma was able to get one out. I did have Az's consent before tugging otherwise I think that would have been considered rather cruel treatment! He would have been traumatized for sure! The other was just barely hanging on so I asked permission to tug on that one and I got a yes, then a quick no, then a yes again...before the NO could come I quickly tugged. This one was held on by a bit more than a mere thread and being as I didn't want to pull VERY hard I let it be. Not long after (as in a couple of hours or so) he was eating apple slices and it came out on his own.
The toothfairy has set the bar high here at our house. Neither Mark nor I had ANY small bills. THE VERY SMALLEST was a ten dollar bill from our medical cash fund. GREAT...TEN BUCKS. That's five dollars per tooth. We didn't want to run to the store to get change so we just stuck the ten under the pillow. Now you KNOW what is going to be expected for each tooth at our house from here on out!!! Of course, they know that the tooth fairy is really just Mama. Oh well, I gotta do something for a real job, right? ha ha. Anyhow, here's the photo evidence. Four teeth down now and more to go! Nothing more loose as yet. Avigail is VERY jealous (though it doesn't take too much) and wants to be losing teeth as well. She even went so far as to suggest she was going to knock all her teeth out herself. I tried to explain all the good reasons I could think for why NOT to do such a thing! So far she still has all her teeth!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment