Sunday, June 1, 2008

Random shots of cuteness & yuck



All the above was CUTENESS. Below these words you have the YUCK. This is the pond in our backyard. I was going to be rebuilding it this year until some AC problems in BOTH the house and Suburban took financial priority. When you have sustained temperatures above 90 deg. F. for weeks on end, airconditioning definitely takes priority over backyard beauty. I wish it were not so! Anyhow, since I have to wait until NEXT Spring to rebuild this cesspool (well, it's not quite THAT bad) I decided I'd just overplant it and build some sort of external filter out of a barrel liner I have. I THINK that I can keep it healthy enough for the fish that way but certainly won't have any dramatic falls! So, I can make do for now. Next Spring I'm going to put in a Savio full sized skimmer with UV, a filter falls or bog falls of sort with a nice flow rate for lots of waterfall noise and splash! We'll also be replacing the liner so all the rockwork will have to be redone (yay!). Anyhow, I am excited now for next Spring and happy that I can make do with things the way they are for the time being.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment